One area of ministry to senior adults at Ball Camp Baptist Church is for all who are 50 years of age and older.
The name of the group is the “Primetimers.” Monthly fellowships are planned for the 4th Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the church’s fellowship hall. This evening activity and fellowship time includes a catered meal provided at a cost of $6.00 per person and also a planned program, which follows the meal.
- musical performances by the “Grace Noters” dulcimer band
- a Christmas concert by the church’s Women’s Ensemble,
- an attorney discussing legal issues concerning seniors,
- an attorney preparing and providing documents and information related to living wills
- volunteer coordinators from Parkwest Hospital and the Boys’ Club
- plus many other programs.
In addition to the monthly fellowship time, day and overnight trips are planned for this group. Recently, the group has taken trips to Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Georgia; to Mount Airy, North Carolina; and a candlelight tour of the Biltmore House in Asheville, North Carolina. Other trips and activities are in the planning stages as well. The Primetimers group is open and available to all who might be interested, including non-church members. Remember, this group is for everyone 50 years of age and older. Come join us!